There is no green premium.
MicroByre is metrics driven. We make biomanufacturing competitive with petromanufacturing, because history has proven that there is no green premium. We start with bacteria with promising and inborn chemistries. We match them to inexpensive feedstocks. We then genetically edit them to meet the strict technoeconomic requirements driven by competitive standards.
We can address more than chemicals
Anywhere there is a bacteria involved in your process, we can help.
- Consumer Products: we can address the consumer demand for sustainable products by shifting feedstocks from petroleum to waste biomass for the same monomers.
- Food & Agriculture: we can offer bacteria that fix nitrogen, repel pests, or reduce methane emissions
- Energy: we can enable truly cost-competitive biofuels for vehicles that are difficult to electrify, like jets
- Pharmaceuticals: we can improve extant but un-engineered production strains and unlock novel biologics
We are faster and less expensive than other solutions
We can work with hundreds of bacteria. We can onboard them in half the time and for 1/10th the cost quoted by other companies.
We introduce genetic modifications into bacteria that have historically been difficult to engineer. Genetically engineering new organisms (or new functions into old organisms) has been a very risky endeavor for other synthetic biology companies, but our data platform reduces both the risk and time involved.
Our bacteria will naturally eat waste feedstocks and make product, minimizing any gain-of-function engineering needed. We can then focus on the modifications that both improve cost metrics and make the bacteria happier:
- Reduce downstream separation costs by eliminating byproducts
- Reduce fermentation costs by completing broken metabolic pathways
- Reduce fermentation losses by augmenting phage resistance and contamination tolerance
Bespoke bacteria, bespoke collaborations
Form follows function. The structure of a project should match the activity and the resources that each party brings to bear on the problem. We jointly design the scope and structure of each collaboration to deploy our capabilities à la carte or as a complete domestication package.
- Licenses: our internally developed strains may be ready (or nearly ready) for deployment in your facilities.
- Services Agreements: tightly-scoped, time-limited projects let both sides explore opportunities with minimal risk.
- Joint Development Agreements: have more expansive goals and longer timelines, balancing the risks and rewards for both parties.
- Another model may be more appropriate. Let’s start a conversation and together define what makes sense!